It’s the fiftieth episode of The Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz! In this milestone episode, your host discusses not just why it’s important to turn small talk into real talk, he offers some tips on how to do just that.
In the time it takes to have a coffee break, learn…
- Why small talk is inauthentic and empty speech
- How small talk sacrifices human connection in favor of perceived, but damaging, safety
- How small talk reinforces insecurity and self-doubt
- Why real conversation can be an invigorating adventure
- The positive aspect of uncertainty inherent in real conversations
- How to take the first step toward vulnerability and curiosity in conversation
- The value of revealing your true self in conversation
- Why introducing new questions can transform small talk into real talk
Listen, and leave a comment about how you’ve accepted the rewarding challenge of turning small talk into real talk!
Subscribe To the Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz
Fifty episodes in, and many more to come! Don’t miss a single Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz! Subscribe for free in iTunes / Apple Podcasts, Spotify, RadioPublic, Spreaker, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Or, simply copy / paste the RSS link directly into the podcast app of your choice!
Please Rate and Review
If you enjoy The Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz, please take a moment to rate and review the show in iTunes / Apple Podcasts or Podchaser. It only takes a few minutes, and adding your review is as easy as clicking this link.
Your rating and review helps raise the visibility of The Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz, especially on iTunes / Apple Podcasts, which is one of the biggest podcasting platforms today. More visibility for the show means more listeners… and that growth means the show reaches — and helps — more people like you.
Talk With Mel!
Help others when Mel helps you: Contact Mel and find out how you can be a caller on the show and ask Mel a question. He’ll put the Possibility Principle to work for you, and your conversation will be recorded for use in a future episode of the podcast so other listeners can benefit.