Presenting episode 53 of the Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz, in which your host discusses what he calls the Familiar Zone… including defining the Familiar Zone, the reasons we find ourselves trapped in it, and why it’s so important we push past its borders every chance we get.
In this episode:
- Why your Familiar Zone is different from your “comfort zone”
- How we acclimate to what’s familiar to us even when the familiar is uncomfortable or toxic
- The difference between positive familiar zones and those that make us unhappy
- How our beliefs, thoughts, and feelings can guide us to establish familiar zones
- The element in our lives that keeps us stuck in an unpleasant groove
- The paradoxically positive benefits to embracing discomfort
- Why we steer clear of adventure and excitement
- How the Familiar Zone is the territory of old, “safe” thoughts
- Why we must embrace discomfort if we want to change
Mel recommends referring to his book The Possibility Principle, the companion to this podcast, for many ways to break free of the Familiar Zone.
Get more of Mel’s Uncommon sense through regular short videos on his Instagram channel!
Are you ready to embrace uncomfortable change in order to break free of the Familiar Zone? Tell Mel about it in the comments!
Subscribe To the Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz
Fifty episodes in, and many more to come! Don’t miss a single Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz! Subscribe for free in iTunes / Apple Podcasts, Spotify, RadioPublic, Spreaker, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Or, simply copy / paste the RSS link directly into the podcast app of your choice!
Please Rate and Review
If you enjoy The Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz, please take a moment to rate and review the show in iTunes / Apple Podcasts or Podchaser. It only takes a few minutes, and adding your review is as easy as clicking this link.
Your rating and review helps raise the visibility of The Possibility Podcast with Mel Schwartz, especially on iTunes / Apple Podcasts, which is one of the biggest podcasting platforms today. More visibility for the show means more listeners… and that growth means the show reaches — and helps — more people like you.
Talk With Mel!
Help others when Mel helps you: Contact Mel and find out how you can be a caller on the show and ask Mel a question. He’ll put the Possibility Principle to work for you, and your conversation will be recorded for use in a future episode of the podcast so other listeners can benefit.